The Isolation Conversation – Life after Lockdown
We are thrilled to introduce our ninth episode, ‘The Isolation Conversation – Life in Lockdown’ which will launch next week. Featuring Mark Stokes – Chief Technical Officer at Attollo Intranet, Andrew Woodward – Enterprise Architect / Workforce Experience at Zurich Insurance, Mark Macrae – Dynamics 365 Practice Lead at InterGen Limited, and Rob Foster – Senior Manager at Deloitte.
If you want to watch this episode click here & enjoy!
What lessons have you leant over the last week:
With the COVID-19 outbreak, our working worlds have changed even for those that are used to remote working. We asked our panel what lessons they have learnt this week or whilst working in lockdown.
- We had put a lot of work into collaboration tools but not culture change, people just shifted, and it worked.
- Early on we had level systems in place (1-4) for the lockdown. It was clear what the rules would be, but unclear on when we would transition through the different levels. We had a scramble for monitors and desktop gear. I took for granted being able to work from home where others were not. In fact, many companies were geared up for home working.
- We had daily check-ins on people to see how they were coping.
- It shouldn’t have taken a global pandemic to then have a shift in flexibility with work.
- Opening up different tools, Microsoft Team and Zoom – collaborate in the way that employees find most productive.
What is the future for office buildings?
- One of the most expensive offices ever in Rockefeller Center. There are 30 floors in that building and they are all currently empty and the business is still functioning as normal. Instead of 30 floors, could we have 10?
- What is the purpose of the office? Is it for social gathering or meetings? Once we define the reasons why we are using the office, then it makes the way forward much easier. It’s unlikely that we are going to the office to sit in front of a screen.
- Formed an aversion about being distance with other people. It’s interesting to think about what will happen when transportation opens again.
Life after Lockdown
- We’ve made this shift now for long enough that people will argue that there is no requirement to work in an office. I’m expecting that employers will be more flexible.
- Project should be anywhere, any device, anytime.
- In New Zealand, where the lockdown restrictions have already began to be lifted, we see how businesses prepare to get employees back into working life. What is the mindset of those people going back to work?
- Made adjustments in the office but it will be a while until we are ready to welcome people back into the office.
- We have called this social distancing, but we are more connected to the people who we work with. It’s rather physical distancing.
We are thrilled to introduce our tenth and final episode, ‘The Isolation Conversation – A summary with Mark’ which will launch next week. Featuring Mark Stokes – Chief Technical Officer at Attollo Intranet. We’ve recorded 9 previous episodes with great friends in a variety of different roles. Mark is now taking the time to reflect on the past 3 months and lessons learnt from the Isolation Conversation.
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact us via email email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)1952 288 365.